It just tears me up inside when I realize that I want to find out more about things... when I can't find out more about them. So many completely amazing things that always seem to go into the category of "We just dont know", and "we may never know." And at the same time, there seems to be so much awe and splendor and wonderment that is sort of "wrung out" of things once it is believed certain things are "solved.".
Such as
What exactly IS the Voynitch manuscript and how did Mr. Voynitch come across it anyway? I ask because apparently, we don't t know because Voynich changed his story too many times. People claim that it has now been decoded? Really? I watched a program about it and in the first five minutes I thought "Hebrew. Sounds like it's written in ancient Hebrew to me." This is because apparently the text is continuous and t here's no punctuation?...(question mark)? So, I in the last ten minutes of the show, it was said that the text seemed to be in Hebrew. "Duh!" I thought. I was reminded of a Torah scroll. Easy. I've no idea what it SAYS, mind you...and I have no idea why there's a drawing in it that resembles an...alien? Large, black eyes, balled head (grey)...but this one has several tendons that come out in a circular pattern, each with a hand at the end. Diagrams, drawings, charts, plants with leaves that look like little...aliens? Hmmm...all from the 1400's, yeah? Wow!
The Amber Room. What happened to it? Why was it amber? Were the walls and floor made of gold? How in the world does someone take a ROOM apart piece by piece and pack it away in crates? (And hide it?) The info. I found says it is believed that the Nazi's were assigned t o do this. Did they? How do we know Catherine the Great didn't hide it away herself somewhere? It was her room first wasnt it? She's that smart lady who invited all the Germans to come and live in the Volga region of Russia. Why did she do that...by the way? I mean, was she just trying to be hospitable, or was there another reason? What if she packed it away in crates and sent it to the...Winter Palace or something? (Did the Winter Palace even exist yet?) I dont know. This can be easily found out, of course, but is the Amber Room we look at today the REAL one or not? Was the real one put back-- or is it in crates at the bottom of the ocean, stuck in a shipwreck?
Who exactly did Admiral Richard Byrd talk to on his journey beyond the ice? His journal has been floating around out there for a while now-- and he said in it that he spoke to a kind man with the "etching of years" on his face, at a round table where there were other people or beings (?) He said he was given something warm to drink, that he could not describe because he'd never had anything like it before. What was it? The first time I read the account, I was, admittedly, freaked out. I did a lot of praying that night. Why not?...it seemed as though admiral Byrd was talking to Jesus himself! (At least, it did to me).
Something else I figured out just today: The word Hell apparently isn't even in the Bible (??) It PROBABLY is now...because so many translations are so contemporary and they've been re-worded so many times...but evidently, it didn't originate there. The term hell was supposedly first used in the eighth century by an Italian (clergyman, or Scholar) I forget which-- and then re-popularized in "Dante's Inferno"?? I've never read "Dante's Inferno" so what do I know? As an English Major, it is frightening, the amount of literature I've actually never read. I'm afraid my brain has just been taken over by a screen with taps and clicks, and short posts. My attention span is SO short now!
But I remember...(getting back to Hell)😄...when I began to realize that the idea of the Rapture began as a footnote in the Scoffield Bible as late as the 1800's! This is too late to be solid Biblical doctrine--wouldn't you think?? This is why I no longer believe it. People have told me before that the word "Rapture" is not in the Bible (as an argument as to whether or not it's real). I would argue with them and say that this did not mean it wouldn't happen. I NEVER thought I would change my mind about that! So, what about Hell, then? I know that when I leave this body...nothing written in"Dante's Inferno" is gonna matter! So if that is where the idea of Hell comes from (originally)...maybe I now have some soul searching to do. And some Bible searching too. Deep water here...deep water. The good thing is; this is water I'm not afraid of. 💙🩵
No comments:
Post a Comment